Through the years...


Monday, July 21, 2008

Twins 1st Birthday!

I can't believe that a year has already gone by since the twins were born! They are growing so fast! Here's a quick update: They both love to dance...everytime music comes on, or any kind of beat...they both start doing a little jig...it's the cutest! They also both love to eat!! They would probably eat all day long if I let them! They will eat just about anything too. Their favorites are bananas and apricots....as soon as they see them, they start hooting like monkeys.


Evie loves to make all different noises that she can using her tongue and she loves to point at everything as if to ask what it is or tell us about it. She likes to use her bib to play peek-a-boo while she eats, so cute! She's getting good at cruising along the furniture and she has recently started to stand unassisted....she gets really proud of herself when she does this. I'm sure it won't be long til she starts walking....she has just really mastered crawling and she knows that she is fast. She's very adventurous and doesn't seem to mind at all to get far away from me. (scary)


James loves to sing...he goes 'la la la' when he hears music or hears me sing. He has the cutest look on his face when he does it....as if he is singing a very heartfelt dramatic song, it's adorable! He loves to see new faces (as long as I'm holding him) and he loves to flirt and play peek-a-boo with these faces...shyly smiling and then turning to nuzzle me. James has more seperation anxiety...he likes to be near me and doesn't crawl too far away when we are not at home. He's also alot more easily content to just be in one place and take everything in. He loves the little walker we have (walking pushing it like a cart) he gets so excited and laughs the whole time while walking! You can tell he feels like a big boy!


Well, here are some pictures of yesterday's birthday celebration (their actual birthday is today, the 21st) I realized that I didn't take any pictures of the guest's, so I'll name them here: Grandma and Grandpa Burke, Grandma and Grandpa Jensen, The Judson's and The Mendoza's - little Sierra Mendoza (Isaac's best friend) shares a birthday with the twins.Before you think James is smaller than Evie....he looks small here because the high chair he is sitting in has a really high tray (or low seat) and it's weird...it can't be adjusted. They completely devoured the cake that I made them the second that I put them on their tray, so I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them eating their first bite!
They enjoyed unwraping their presents....then tearing the paper into bits! Isaac helped with that too! :-)

1 comment:

SumGreater said...

I can hardly believe it's been a year! The twins are so cute! They sound like so much fun.